What is Iowa Cremation?
Iowa Cremation has offered Iowans simple, affordable and dignified cremation since 2000, but its foundation of compassion, professionalism and integrity began in 1929. Iowa Cremation is part of The Cedar Group; Cedar Memorial Park Cemetery, Cedar Memorial Funeral Homes, Companions for Life, and Iowa Cremation. For 3 generations, the Linge family has been dedicated to innovative quality service. In fact, our founder, Carl K. Linge, built one of the very first crematories in Iowa in 1940. Today our third generation, C. John Linge, remains steadfast to the simple, dignified and affordable mission of Iowa Cremation.
The number of Americans choosing cremation as a disposition has more than doubled in the last 30 years, and it’s estimated this number will continue to increase. Having served families in Eastern Iowa for over 85 years, we recognized the need for choice when it came to cremation providers. Formerly known as The Cremation Society of Eastern, Central and Western Iowa, we took our mission of providing simple cremation solutions to heart and shortened our name to Iowa Cremation.
What’s different about Iowa Cremation? By becoming a member of Iowa Cremation you receive the benefit of paying the member price for your cremation services. More than the member price, when you are a member of Iowa Cremation you receive the following benefits that are unmatched by other providers:
- Licensed Iowa Funeral Directors at your service 24 hours a day 365 days a year to provide respectful and compassionate service when you need it the most.
- Iowa Cremation owns and operates their own crematories which allows for scheduled private viewings and private witnessing if requested.
- Accurate assurance of identity of the deceased and the cremated remains through our advanced tracking process.
- Access to our Memorial Service Planner that can assist you and your family in planning your own memorial service.
- Travel Protection which offers the peace of mind that even when away from home your member services travel with you.
- Memorial service packages and items (register books, service folders and more.) available at member pricing for any memorial service or celebration of life.
- Access to our 24 hour GriefCare Line that is staffed by trained compassionate counselors offering free and confidential phone conferences for those that have experienced a loss.
Second, you don’t have to come to us, we’ll come to you. Our licensed prearrangement counselors will meet with you in your home or at a location of your choosing to explain the many benefits of becoming a member of Iowa Cremation. We also have provided for a simple yet secure option on our website to become a member and complete the planning process at your convenience – day or night. It is even possible to complete your planning over the phone, by mail or through e-mail. Members appreciate that we have no hidden fees and that their services are guaranteed for life when prepaying for their simple cremation.
Additionally, by joining, you receive Travel Protection. With Travel Protection, if a death occurs away from Iowa but within the contiguous United States, we will provide all the services listed in the direct cremation charge at or near the place of death at no additional cost, PROVIDED Iowa Cremation is the first and only service provider to be notified of the beneficiary’s death, thus eliminating unnecessary duplicative charges to Iowa Cremation or the beneficiary’s family.
Iowa Cremation is constantly looking for innovative and valuable ways to serve the more than 10,000 members who have placed their trust in us. We have worked tirelessly with the State of Iowa and the Iowa Legislature as an advocate for our members and all consumers choosing cremation, lobbying for the Disposition Directives Act, improvements in state auditing of prearrangement sellers and more regulatory oversight of crematories and crematory operators
The Cedar Cremation Center in Cedar Rapids was built in the Prairie style of Frank Lloyd Wright, with the intention of creating a warm, welcoming facility for the families we serve. It is unlike any other cremation facility in Iowa. Transparency is extremely important when choosing a cremation provider, and we welcome visitors and are happy to provide tours. Iowans are encouraged to visit our Iowa Cremation facilities to learn more about cremation and how we are able to continue to offer simple, dignified and affordable services.
Simple, Dignified and Affordable
4200 First Avenue NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
16185 SE Laurel Street
Waukee, Iowa 50263