We know that there are choices when selecting cremation preplanning and we are honored to have over 20,000 Iowans that have selected to become members of Iowa Cremation. For those that are starting the process of preplanning for cremation, information is power. When considering providers, it is important to have a complete comparison of the differences in services that are offered. Some cremation providers will offer an initial low price, but when comparing directly to what is included with all Iowa Cremation plans, there is no comparison.
The following are items that when selected from other providers may be a substantial added cost but are always included in every plan offered by Iowa Cremation:
- Weekend, Holiday or After Hours Services. Iowa Cremation will never charge additional for our services or arrangements based on when a death occurs. Your family needs caring and professional assistance, and we are here to provide that 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year — at no additional cost.
- Writing, preparing and placing an obituary. We include the service of our experienced and professional licensed funeral directors to assist with writing and placement of obituaries. Many newspaper publications have a fee to publish the obituary which will be paid by the family.
- Online Obituary and Condolences. Iowa Cremation also includes our Simple Tribute Online Obituary that offers a full unedited obituary to be placed on our website permanently. This also provides family and friends all over the world access to read the obituary, find information on any services, and share a condolence or message.
- Mileage fees or transfer of the deceased outside a certain radius. The removal and transportation of the loved one from within anywhere in Iowa to the servicing crematory is included when you choose Iowa Cremation.
- Packaging and Shipment of Cremated Remains. Due to distance or other factors, some families find it necessary to have cremated remains shipped to a certain location. Iowa Cremation includes the careful packaging and shipment of the cremated remains in our arrangements. Cremated remains are required to be shipped United States Postal Service Priority Express.
- Life Insurance Assistance. If there is a remaining balance due and the deceased had life insurance, Iowa Cremation can assist at no additional charge with filing the necessary documents and an insurance assignment for payment of any final expenses. This process allows for the insurance company to pay directly the amount due.
In addition to the above items, Iowa Cremation has two exclusive benefits that are unmatched by other providers.
- Travel Protection. Should death occur away from Iowa, but within the contiguous United States, we will provide all services purchased at or near the place of death at no additional cost, provided that Iowa Cremation is the first and only service provider to be notified of the beneficiary’s death. This benefit is exclusive to Iowa Cremation.
- GriefCare Line. Another exclusive benefit of being an Iowa Cremation member is allowing your family to have access to our GriefCare Line. This 24-hour telephone grief counseling service has been designed especially for the families that Iowa Cremation is honored to serve. The GriefCare Line is staffed by trained, compassionate counselors with a required college degree in Human Services. All calls remain completely confidential.
So remember, when selecting your cremation provider, while a low introductory price may be presented, make sure to investigate what is included and how that will affect your family. You will not find another provider in Iowa that offers simple services, with dignified and professional staff, at such an affordable cost.
For more information, visit our simple Request Information Form today.